Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Lettuce Wraps



I had these wraps last week when I had lunch with a good friend, and I promised her I'd detox the recipe for this blog. I added a no-so-secret ingredient, quinoa, and I was full after eating two small wraps. It's also a one pot dish, so very quick and easy to cook. If you don't eat meat, you can add a lot more quinoa and a few more veggies, like bell peppers or carrots. I think this is one for the favorites column.

Ingredientes:
1lb of ground turkey
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
1 cup of cooked tricolored quinoa
6 oz of chopped mushrooms
1 Tbs of sesame oil
1 Tbs of liquid aminos
1/2 Tbs of minced ginger 
1 Tbs of minced garlic
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro 
1/2 cup of cashew pieces
1/2 cup of green onions
Red pepper flakes al gusto (optional)
Chopped green onions
Sesame seeds for garnish



Paso a paso:

 1) Cook ground turkey thoroughly in stock until most of it evaporates. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the green onions and cook for about 5 minutes.



2) Take turkey off the heat. Add the green onions and mix throroughly. Serve in icegberg, butter lettuce or endives. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy with a citrus fizz stick!



Tasty tip:
Buy organic green onions once, and replant the bulb. They will grow very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment