Monday, January 2, 2017

Sweet Squash Bisque

Happy New Year everyone! After a little hiatus, we are back and ready to blog. (And by we I mean me. =) ) I have so many amazing recipes on queue, but alas, the time to quietly blog is non-existent at my place. But, it is one of my GOALS for the year to blog at least once a week,  and to help at least 100 people to give this lifestyle a chance. I totally get it, thought. I was a skeptic too, and I would have NEVER EVER voluntarily given up bread, rice, and potatoes before Arbonne (remember that I'm Peruvian) but with what I know NOW, I am so grateful that I decided to become a healthier person by researching, being an educated consumer and most importantly, by detoxing.


So the first recipe of this year is something that I'll probably have a few times this winter since it was extremely easy to make. It was also DELICIOUS (and vegan) and the layers of flavor were surprising. It was not only creamy, sweet, with a kick at the end, but also nutritious and with the added protein, it was a full meal!

Ingredients

4 tbsp of avocado oil
1 medium sweet yellow onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tsp of ginger paste (or fresh grated ginger)
4 small sweet potatoes (sliced)
1 small butternut squash (diced)
1 tsp of turmeric
1/8 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of nutmeg
S&P al gusto
2 cups of vegetable broth
2 scoops of Arbonne protein powder (unflavored)
1/2 can of coconut milk
1 or 2 twigs of fresh thyme 
Avocado slices for garnish 

Paso a paso

1) Heat up avocado oil in a pan and add onions, garlic, ginger and cook until transparent. Add the sweet potatoes, the butternut squash, the spices, salt and pepper and mix together. 


2)Add broth, cover,  and let it simmer for 20 minutes



3) When the potatoes are cooked, take pan off the heat. Place ingredients in a heat resistant bowl and blend until smooth. Then blend again until smoother. (You can strain the bisque if you want but if you have a good blender you won't need to.)



4) Place blended liquid back in the heat and add the protein powder, the coconut milk and the thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve promptly. 




5) For some more fanciness, garnish with avocado and thyme. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment