Who would have thought that something most people pour down the drain, would turn into such a delicious dessert? This was my first experiment with "aquafaba", and it was a great one. I had never heard of aquafaba, but you can make so many great things that would normally involve egg whites, like meringues, or mousse for example. This chocolate dessert was so airy it literally disolves in your mouth. A fantastic treat for chocaholics, without the guilt. So next time you use grabanzo beans for your salads or humus, please make sure to make this delicious dessert.
1 can of garbanzo bean liquid
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 scoop of Arbonne chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup of agave
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
Paso a paso:
1) Eat (or set aside) garbanzo beans and reserve the liquid.
3) With a handmixer, wisk aquafaba for about 3-4 minutes until there's peaks.
4) Fold in chocolate mixture with a spatula. Do not mix.
5) Once it's all folded in, place into serving molds or ramekis and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6) Make sure you savor each bite =)