The idea to detox a nutella bread pudding came about when I visited my dear friend Jan in Texas. She was craving her favorite dessert and since we have a healthier lifestyle now, we needed something for those times we wanted to indulge. I am so excited about this particular recipe, because like most of these posts, it starts off as a challenge. How could I make this delicious dessert with no milk, no butter, and no sugar? It took a little researching and there's an overnight step involved, but it's possible with a little help from Arbonne's vegan protein powder and a crockpot!
1 loaf of gluten free brown rice bread
1 can of organic coconut cream
1/3 cup of organic agave
2 scoops of arbonne's chocolate protein powder
1 scoop of Arbonne's fiber boost
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup of cashew butter
1 tsp of cinnamon
For the topping:
3/4 cup of organic agave
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
3/4 cup of raw hazelnuts
Coconut whip cream
Paso a paso:
1) Cut up loaf of bread into little cubes. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, beat eggs and whisk in organic coconut cream, agave, protein powder, fiber, unsweetened cocoa powder, cashew butter and cinnamon.
3) Put half of the bread into the crockpot and add half of the egg mixture. Stir around so that the bread is evenly covered. Add the rest of the bread and egg mixture and do the same.
4) Make sure all the bread pieces are covered with mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
5) Make the topping right before you turn on the crockpot. Mix coconut oil, agave, cocoa, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
6) Grind all the hazelnuts and sprinkle all over the top.
7) Add chocolate topping to the crockpot and cover it. Let it cook on low for 4 hours.
9) Serve in a ramekin of small dish with a scoop of cashew nice cream or a dollop of coconut whip cream.