Sunday, August 14, 2016

Protein Bonanza Bowl

Every time I go to VeggieGrill, I order the same thing. I usually like to try new things when I eat out, but this bowl is so delicious that I just can't order anything else. It has the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, creamy, crunchy, all in one! Plus, it's detox friendly and packed with protein. So, I decided to make it at home and save a little money (a lot of, actually) by cooking it at home. If quinoa and black beans are a staple in your fridge, like in mine, this dish takes a whole 15 mins to make. But I guarantee it will disappear in seconds. This is easily a vegan dish, but I added a little seasoned ground turkey this time. 

Ingredientes:

1 whole medium sweet red pepper
2 tbs of olive oil
1/4 red onion
1 Tbs of aji amarillo (2 or 3 if you like heat, or cayenne pepper as substitute)
2 Tbs of minced garlic
3 Tbs of cashew butter
1 Tbs of almond butter
S&P al gusto
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1 cup of cooked black beans (drained)
1 cup of cooked ground turkey (optional)
A handful of chopped or slivered almonds


Paso a paso:
1) Char the outside of the bell pepper. Remove seeds and cook over a low flame along with the olive oil, garlic, and onion for about 5 minutes.

 2) Add nut butters, salt and peppers to cooked veggies and blend until super smooth.



3) In a separate bowl mix quinoa and black beans.


 4) Top quinoa black bean mix with cooked turkey (optional).  Drizzle bell pepper sauce over protein and top with slivered almonds. Delicioso!





No comments:

Post a Comment