Monday, January 4, 2016

I've decided to Detox, now what?

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS. You don't know it yet, but this is one of the best decisions you will make all year. Now, we need your commitment. Detoxing your home is the first step. If you don't buy it, you won't have access to it at home, and that's a very important part of this program. 



Do not be afraid to throw things out! I have found things that have been expired for months in my fridge just because I "might, someday" need it. It's hard to throw it out, but once you do it you free yourself from all those toxins going into your body. DECIDE TO DO IT, because once you make the decision, no one can stop you.



Once you've eliminated all C.R.A.P (Carbonated drinks, Refined sugars, Artificial foods and Processed foods) from your house, we are ready to go shopping! Be prepared to forget about everything you thought was "healthy." Normally when one starts a diet, the shopping list includes low-fat or fat-free, 100 calorie stuff and diet-everything. We have to make the switch to eating what's nutritious instead, and that starts at the grocery store. 



With that said, I am going to share what my grocery list now looks like. Everything I buy is organic, free-range or grass fed. It is a little more expensive or course, but affordable with our budget since we're saving so much money by having my Arbonne 2 shakes a day. Arbonne is gluten free, dairy free, no artificial sweeteners and no GMO's. I don't have time to look at labels, so it's nice to have the peace of mind that Arbonne brings with all their products. 

Arbonne
30 days to healthy living set 
 -1 bag of vanilla protein shake
- 1 bag of chocolate protein shake
-1 bag of fiber boost
- 1 box of digestion plus
- 1 box of pomegranate fizz sticks
-1 box of citrus fizz sticks
-2 boxes of detox tea
-1 box of the 7 day body cleanse

Also, 
An extra bag of vanilla shake for baking
1 container of greens balance 
1 box of chocolate nutrition bars
1 box of fruit nutrition bars
1 bag of caramel fit chews
1 bag of chocolate fit chews

My Arbonne cart usually has way more in it since I get my skin care, make up, baby and hygiene products too, but I'll just do the nutrition this time =)

Fruits & Vegetables
Straberries
Blueberries
Green apples
Onions
Tomatoes
Cilantro
Celery
Avocados
Arugula
Sweet potatoes
Mushrooms
Spinach
Kale
Limes
Garlic
Basil

Pantry
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Quinoa or lentil pasta
Black beans
Peruvian beans
Artichoke hearts
Lentils
Brown rice flour
Almond flour
Coconut oil
Olive Oil
Agave
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Vegetable root chips
Sweet potato chips
Raisins
Dried cranberries
Raw almonds
Raw walnuts
Raw sunflower seeds
Raw pecans

Refrigerator
Unsweetened almond milk
Unsweetened coconut milk
Hummus
Cashew butter
Almond butter
Eggs, eggs, eggs.

Meat
Ground turkey
Chicken breasts
Chicken sausage


Ok, now let's get started!!! See you at the farmer's market.

6 comments:

  1. Scary world that we live in today. I was like you, and decided it was time for a detox after my doctor gave me a simple test. He asked me to write down everything I ate in the last 24 hours, and then take a look at how many fruits, vegetables, or healthy foods were in that list. Oh boy, what a wake-up call.

    Jeffery @ New Dawn Treatment Centers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! That's a great exercise!!! Gonna have to keep that one for my toughest clients. =)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of detoxing and getting your body healthy, but I have found that there are easier ways to do this. Jogging and drinking lots of water are a start. Eating healthy definitely a plus, but you do not need to make it too complicated. Healthy grains, cereals, and non processed foods. Keep it simple.

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that we need to keep it simple. And in hindsight I can say it's easier. But when dealing with friends and family that have been addicted to sugar their whole lives is easier said than done. Most people need an in between step, to replace what they currently eat with healthier options. It's about educating people on ingredients and labels, and what they might be allergic to or addicted to. Once we learn HOW what we put on our skin and in our bodies affects us, then we are more likely to start a healthier lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. Starting a detox program like this is exactly what my wife and I need to do. We've been talking about it for a while and I think reading your post is the motivation I need to get us started! I'm going to take your list to the grocery store and use it as my guide this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete