Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Detox Day 9 - Bistec encebollado

Today was such a busy day! I am so glad that my shakes take two minutes to make (and drink.) That alone is worth it. =) And I made a big mess with today's dinner, I can't even imagine my kitchen if I had to do the dishes three times a day! My husband said it was definitely one of the top 10. Then again, he has a lot of top 10's. I know he really liked what I cooked when he takes a bite and closes his eyes and doesn't say anything. I am so grateful for him and all the little things he does to show me that he loves me, and our children.  For example, he makes my shakes in the morning.

Breakfast:
Chocolate brownie batter shake

Snack:
Fizz
Hard boiled egg

Lunch:
Vanilla shake

Snack:
Arbonne chocolate nutrition bar

Dinner:
This is a little tribute to cuban cuisine that we enjoy so much. I know that mojo (pronounced mo-ho) is a little like the peruvian escabeche sauce, so I gave it a try. Paired it up with baked sweet potato fries and roasted brussel sprouts that my 4-year old can make (cut, salt and pepper, toss around with olive oil and put in oven) Results: licked plate. And my son asked for more brussel sprouts, please.


Ingredientes

2 grass fed steaks
1/4 cup of olive oil
3/4 of a sweet onion
3 Tbsp of minced garlic
1 table spoon of ají amarillo
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (optional)
S&P al gusto


Paso a paso

1) Fry steaks for a few minutes on each side depending on thickness and preference. Let steaks rest. On that same pan add the onions and the garlic and cook for a few minutes until brown. Add ají, water and vinegar. Cook for 10 minutes on low.


2) Add steaks (and juice) back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes or so.



 3) Serve steak with onions on top. Or on the side. Even on the bottom.



No dessert today since I went to a very inspiring Arbonne meeting, but I did have my detox tea when I got back home. Hasta mañana. 







No comments:

Post a Comment