Monday, January 11, 2016

Detox Day 8 - Shredded chicken

Day 8 is much easier! After a week with no sugar, no dairy, no caffeine and no gluten, and no alcohol, I can definitely FEEL the difference. A lot of people ask me what I eat when I avoid that long list, but I choose to focus on what I CAN eat. That list is long, too. 

Breakfast:
I like to start my week with a health bomb. 

Snack:
Trail mix time!

Lunch:
I made this last night, in the crockpot. It literally took me 5 mins. I had forgotten to defrost the chicken for dinner, and had limited veggies, so this worked well. I packed some for my husband's lunch, also.



Ingredientes

3 chicken breasts
1 cup of frozen bell peppers (fresh is always better, but I didn't have any)
1/2 chopped onion
1 Tbsp of cumin
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
4 Tbsps of chipotle pepper or aji panca. (use 2 Tbsp of paprika and 3 Tbsps of apple cider vinegar if these are not available)
S&P al gusto
1 cup of water

Paso a paso

1) Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low overnight. That's it.


2) When you wake up, shred chicken with a fork.



3) Serve with brown rice and black beans. Chipotle has got some competition now. 


Snack:
2 caramel fit chews


Dinner:
Having a Chai Tea, maybe 2, and some coconut arroz sin leche for dessert. 

1 comment: