Saturday, January 9, 2016

Detox Day 6 - Cauliflower Fried "Rice"

So...this is the first weekend during the 30 days to healthy living, and it's hard. Social activities usually revolve around food and it's very hard to say NO. I used to say "I can't have that," but I've changed it to "I don't have that anymore" or "I'm not having that for 30 days." This has allowed me to take the power back! Food has nothing on me anymore. It does not own me, it fuels me. The second weekend will be easier, and the third you won't even remember why you thought saying "no, thank you" was impossible. You got this. 

Breakfast:
I had a few people over today for a healthy living presentation, so I baked detox friendly brownies and a non-coffee cake, so I had some of that with my detox tea. It was a late breakfast, more like a brunch, so I didn't need a morning snack.

Lunch:
PiƱa colada shake! (Blend together unsweetened coconut milk, vanilla protein powder, ice and pineapple chucks) I closed my eyes and I was on an island somewhere for lunch. 

Snack:
Went to a birthday party and had some chicken and a very refreshing no-mayo coleslaw. "I'm not having cake for 30 days, thank you." See how easy that was?

Dinner:
I was not hungry since I had chicken for snack. But I still needed something quick for dinner for the family. So fried "rice" it is. 




Ingredientes:

1/2 large cauliflower ( about 10 florets)
2 Tbsps of olive oil
1/2 lb of ground turkey
Salt & pepper al gusto
1/2 tsp of minced ginger
1 Tbsp of sesame oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup of chopped green onions


Paso a paso:

1) Chop cauliflower very finely in a food processor.



2) Add olive oil to the frying pan and cook cauliflower for 5-7 minutes, until brown.




3) Set cauliflower aside and cook ground turkey, with salt, pepper, ginger and sesame oil. When turkey is cook thoroughly add eggs and scramble on one side of the pan, then add green onions.




4) Add cauliflower to turkey mixture and mix around.




5) Deliciousness in a bowl.




And that's all for today folks.

1 comment:

  1. This may have to be dinner tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete