Thursday, January 7, 2016

Detox Day 4 - Leftovers and Trailmix

After 2 or 3 days of cooking, leftovers tend to happen. So, today it was an easy day in the kitchen.

Breakfast:

Snack:
Fizz stick
1chocolate fit chew

Lunch:
Leftovers! Had a little of the turkey/beans/rice stuffing from the Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe, a small side salad, and the last of the chicken mixture from the Creamy Pesto Pasta Primavera. Amazingly, this three course meal worked together very well. 

Snack:
1/2 cup of raw home made trail mix 


You can use any type of nut that you like, as long as it's raw.  For mine I use, 

1 cup of raw pecans
1/2 cup of raw walnuts
2 cups of raw almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of dried cranberries


Dinner:
Peppermint chocolate shake (add a 2/3 drops of peppermint to chocolate shake)

The best part about having a shake for dinner is that I can spend the would-be-cooking time playing with my kiddos, and since there are NO dishes to wash, I can also spend some time with my husband. 

I also had a detox tea while I blogged this. It's becoming a nice habit. 







No comments:

Post a Comment