Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Detox Day 3 - Creamy Pesto Pasta Primavera

The worst is almost over! Detoxing from sugar is serious business. Give it 100% for the next couple of days and it will be worth it.

Breakfast
I actually had two sunny side up eggs and a Arbonne Chai Tea today. I blame it on the rain.

Snack
Caramel fit chew
Fizz Stick
Green apple with almond butter

Lunch
Vanilla lĂșcuma shake (lĂșcuma is a peruvian fruit and it has such a unique flavor that I can't really describe what it tastes like)

Snack
Arbonne chocolate nutrition bar, (chocolate craving poof! gone)

Dinner
This was a very last minute idea, more like an experiment that worked well.  I had all the ingredients to make pasta with a red sauce but I didn't have the time. So I made a quick vegan alfredo sauce, with basil and it was great! My 4 year old asked for seconds! So now we have another creamy pasta dish and who doesn't like that on their menu?


Ingredientes:

1 bag of quinoa/brown rice pasta
2 Tbsps of olive oil
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
1 cup of sliced bell peppers
8 chopped artichoke hearts
1/2 cup of frozen spinach

Paso a paso:

1) Cook pasta according to directions on bag.

2) In a frying pan, heat up olive oil and add chicken and garlic. Stir and cook until golden brown. Add the bell peppers and artichoke hearts and stir.  Cook for about 5 mins.


3) Add the spinach and cook until all water has evaporated. Mix together well and turn off heat.


4) Mix vegan Alfredo basil sauce with cooked noodles.

5) Serve immediately. Buon appetito!


After dinner
I had a digestion plus since I forgot to add it to my shake for lunch, and a detox tea, of course. Stay dry friends. xoxo.




1 comment: