Berry shake (Arbonne's protein vanilla shake, blueberries & strawberries, almond milk)
Baked garbanzo beans with sea salt
Citrus fizz stick
Brownie shake (Arbonne's chocolate shake, unsweetened cocoa powder, 7 oz of unsweetened coconut milk, small walnuts pieces, shaken not blended)
Celery, sweet Potato chips, hummus.
Pomegranate fizz stick
Dinner: This chicken soup with a twist is exactly what you need on a winter day. Totally detoxed without the traditional corn and potatoes. Normally it has red bell peppers, but I didn't have any. I'll make sure to add them for next time.
Two chicken breasts (Or left-over rotisserie chicken)
4 cups of water
1 large organic carrot
1/2 cup of organic peas
1/2 cup of julienned red bell pepper
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 bunch of cilantro
1 cup of rice
Salt al gusto
1 wedged lime for garnish
Paso a paso:
1) Make your own chicken broth by boiling chicken breast in 3 cups of water. Set breasts aside. While water is boiling blend all of the cilantro with 1 cup of water, and cut the carrots into small pieces.
2) On a separate frying pan add the olive oil and brown the garlic with a little salt. This is a very important step and will make a difference in flavor.
3) Add garlic oil to broth, then add the cilantro juice the rice and the carrots. Let it boil on low heat for about 20 mins.
4) While rice is cooking, shred chicken breast, and add to the soup along with the peas, and the bell peppers, if you have them. =)
5) Let all the flavors blend together for another 5 minutes and serve hot. Add a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
This is a hearty dish, so dessert was not needed. I did have some tea, of course.