Monday, January 18, 2016

Detox Day 15 - Turquinoa Meatballs

By now you're probably having fun cooking new things. Or at least with new ingredients. Most people start the 7 day cleanse this week, so make sure to mix that with 32oz of water and drink it throughout the day. 

Breakfast
Mango shake
7 day cleanse about 6 oz

Snack 
Arbonne fruit bar
Fizz Stick
7 day cleanse about 6 oz

Lunch
Double chocolate shake
7 day cleanse about 6oz

Snack
2 Coco banana fit chews
7 day cleanse about 7 ounces

Dinner
Total Italian craving today. So I made turkey and quinoa meatballs! After seeing all the weekend food come and go, and watching Master Chef Junior with my 4 year old, I wanted some pasta. Luckily, with all the healthier options out there, I can have it! I got this organic brown rice/quinoa pasta at Trader Joe's, and I can't tell the difference at all. Just kidding. I totally can because this one doesn't give me food comma. Remember that this is not about carbs, or calories, or fat. This lifestyle is about eating what your body can use as fuel. 



Ingredientes for meatballs:

1 cup of quinoa
1/2 lb of organic ground turkey
1 cup of organic frozen spinach
1 tsp of paprika
1/8 tsp of oregano
2 tbs of dried basil
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
S&P al gusto

For sauce you can use this recipe. Today I didn't have the time to make it from scratch, but I used an organic sauce and added mushrooms.

Paso a paso:

1) In a large bowl mix quinoa, spinach, paprika, oregano, basil, garlic, and S&P.


 2) If you have an eager chef in training please ask them to mix it all together with the turkey using their hands. It's like play dough!



3) Since their hands are already in the turkey mix, they might as well shape the meatballs. Make them a little smaller than a golf ball.


4) Place meatballs on baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper. This will make the clean up a little easier.


5) Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. They won't be fully cooked.


6) Add meatballs to the sauce and let simmer covered for another 5 minutes to finish cooking.



7) Serve with pasta! Or not.



Dessert:
I had coconut macaroons for dessert with my detox tea. (Recipe to follow)
And the rest of the 7 day cleanse


No comments:

Post a Comment