Monday, January 18, 2016

Detox Day 14 - Tacu Tacu

Breakfast: Piña colada shake (coconut milk, Arbonne's vanilla powder, pineapple)

Snack:
Strawberries with coconut whip cream
Fizz stick

Lunch: Cinnamon shake. Just add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the vanilla shake.

Snack:
Sweet potato chips
Caramel fit chew

Dinner:
Since we had rice and beans left over, and very little time to make dinner, I decided to make some tacu tacu. Think about this dish as a giant rice and beans pancake, traditionally topped with some meat, some salsa criolla, and a fried egg. I'm not a fan of raw onions, ergo I nixed the salsa, and we had just had red meat, so I only had the egg as a topping. Since my beans already had sofrito in them, I didn't need to do much. It was delicious, and very filling.


Ingredientes

1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
1 cup of cooked peruvian beans
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 or 2 eggs
S&P al gusto

Paso a paso:
1) Mix rice and beans in hot pan. Make them into a patty shape.


2) Flip patty onto plate. Heat up oil and fry the egg (turn egg over if sunny side up is not your thing)

3) Add salt and pepper and devour!


Dessert:
Dark chocolate truffles with hazelnuts in the middle. And, my tea of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment