Thursday, October 15, 2015

Baba Ghanoulicious


I just love saying Baba Ghanoush. Try saying it three times, and it still sounds so exotic. The first time I had it, I didn't even know what it was. I just knew it was smooth and delicious. For sure something I could never make at home! But now that I have discovered how easy it is to make this velvety side, which happens to be detox approved, I will be cooking a lot more mediterranean food at home. It might even become a staple next to my Peruvian aj√≠ and Mexican guacamole. 


Ingredientes:

1 large eggplant
Olive oil al gusto
4 tablespoons of tahini
4 large garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of fresh basil
1 tablespoon of fresh cliantro
1 large lime
Sea salt al gusto


Paso a paso

1) Preheat oven to Broil on high.

2) Cut eggplant into thick 1/4 inch slices, and rub with olive oil. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle a little salt.



3) Cook for 8 minutes and turn. Cook for another 8 minutes until roasted on both sides.


4) Let the cooked eggplant cool for 5 minutes (or more) then peel. I used a spoon to separate the skin from the meaty part.

5) In a food processor mix the peeled eggplant, tahini, garlic cloves, basil, cilantro, lime juice and
a little sea salt. Blend for 2 or 3 minutes and taste. Add more salt if needed.



6) Place mix in a small bowl, and that is all. Enjoy with celery, carrots, olives, brown rice chips, or by the spoonful.



3 comments:

  1. I'm salivating just by looking at these pictures! Baba Ganoush is a personal favorite of mine and I have it almost every time I go out to an arabic restaurant but now I can make it at home too because this recipe makes it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was super easy. And it's so creamy! One of the many ways we can enjoy eggplant!

    ReplyDelete