Monday, June 29, 2015

Vegan Spinach Artichoke DIP

I LOVE appetizers! If I could just order that every time I go out, I'd be a happy camper. But alas, most appetizers are either fried or loaded with dairy. So, I proudly present to you my vegan creation. Happy hour, just got happier. 


Ingredientes

1 bag of frozen organic spinach
2 cans of artichoke hearts
2 tbsp of olive oil
3 tbsp of cashew or unsweetened almond butter
1 tbsp of garlic
1/2 cup of cashew or unsweetened almond milk
1/2 avocado
2 tbsp of almond flour
1/4 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
S&P al gusto

Paso a paso

1) Drain and chop artichokes.

2) In a large sauté pan, heat up the cook the spinach and the artichokes for about 8 minutes. Set aside. 

3) Blend together the cashew butter, garlic, cashew milk, avocado, almond flour (and cayenne pepper) until smooth. 


4) Add cashew "cream" to the sauté pan and mix with the spinach and artichokes. 


5) Serve in a small bowl. Grab a sweet potato or celery and dig in!










No comments:

Post a Comment