I am one of those people that loves having dessert. The idea of finishing a nice meal with a little bite of something chocolaty just makes me happy, and now it makes me healthier too! This is super quick and cute way to calm that sweet tooth or chocolate craving, and it just looks so elegant. And you can make them as big or as small as you want. My little boy loved these so much that I don't think he wants to eat real chocolate ever again! Just kidding. He's three, of course he wants chocolate! But now he thinks having three "truffles" after dinner is ok. =) Maybe next time I'll make them a little bit smaller.
3/4 cup of almond butter at room temperature ( I used no salt & crunchy)
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp of agave
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut shavings
Paso a paso
1) In a small bowl mix the almond butter, the cocoa powder and the agave. You can add more agave if you'd like the truffles a little sweeter.
2) Mix until all ingredients are evenly spread.
3) Place some of the mixture on your hand and make it into a small ball, as if you were playing with play dough.
4) Place coconut shaving in a small bowl and roll the "truffle" around the coconut until completely covered.
5) Place all "truffles" on parchment paper (on a plate) and refrigerate for about 15 mins so that the almond butter hardens a bit.
6) It will be very tempting to go get one before the 15 mins are up, and that's ok =) Let's just say that 15 mins is a suggested time. Enjoy!