Thursday, April 2, 2015

¡Hola mundo!

I can't believe I'm actually doing this!

I really want to thank all of you who have encouraged me to start this blog. I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you what I've learned about food in the last few months.

While doing Arbonne's 30 days to healthy living challenge, I was surprised to find so many more new exciting ingredients to make my dishes taste good. In this blog, I will attempt to revamp my favorite recipes, using healthier ingredients that are detox (and beyond) approved.



Since this is my first entry, I though I'd share a fact about myself. I was born and raised in Peru, the land of over 3,500 kinds of potatoes. Ironically, I don't eat many papas anymore. (Since I've been a Spanish teacher for 15 years, I'll throw in a hidden Spanish lesson here and there, out of habit.)

Anyway, thanks again for tuning in. And please let me know if you are craving something. I'll try to find a way to make it healthy, con gusto.

¡Hasta la pasta! (Make sure it's quinoa or brown rice pasta)


Culinary Carmen



2 comments:

  1. Is there a detox version of salchipapas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. First I have to find a healthy hot dog! We could add sweet potato fries and call it salchicamote. =)

    ReplyDelete